Monday, February 6, 2012

Let's PARRRRRRRty!


Lila + Lincoln turned 3 on the 3rd.
So we had a little party.
A little pirate party as a matter of fact.
And once a former kindergarten teacher has a theme, it can be dangerous.

We have 2 children, but only one birthday party to plan each year. It is so fun to have all of our friends and family together to celebrate with us.

And What the Freak, who ordered the sunshine???

Well, I DO. Duh. Every single day of course. But it hardly happens....

And then my sis called on Friday when she landed in Seattle and told me the sun was blinding her. And for our party on Saturday, it hung around. All of these little northwest kids loving the time outside in the shiny, warm sun.

It was perfect.

Walking the plank + digging in the sand for treasures.

I told Brian I wanted him to make a boat for the kids to play with. He exceeded my expectations.

A treasure cake with cupcake jewels.

X marks the spot. Done with glitter....obviously.

For real you all. For real.

I can still carry both of them. And I hope to for the rest of my life.


The birthday pirates. I sure do love them.

Did someone say food?


Every year at their party I feel overwhelmed by the people in our lives. I am amazed at all of the children our friends have created throughout the years. And it is kinda special to see them all playing together.

We are blessed. Just beyond blessed.

7 comments:

  1. Great job being so creative with your theme!! It was alot of fun, and great to have everyone together. Dad and I both commented how much fun everyone had and how all the kids got along so well!!!! Is Linc still in his shorts???? Nan and Papa S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could've been there. It looks like they had a blast! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics. They are two very lucky 3 year olds! I looks like it would have been a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and you & B totally rocked the pirate look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a VERY fun party!!! Also, it is scary how much my brother looks like my dad in the pictures above! Well, I guess you will have an idea what he will look like in his 60's... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun, we loved the party! you set a high barrrrgh for all other 3 year olds on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job, Matey..... sunshine on land ho..... perfect celebration!

    ReplyDelete