Saturday, November 28, 2009
Yo pilgrims?!? You are oh so smart. Obviously all those months of being sea sick, eating stale bread and drinking nasty water on the Mayflower didn't effect your brains. Neither did disease, starvation or freezing cold temps once you landed @ the Rock. Anyway, starting a tradition of taking a day to acknowledge all of the blessings in your life was brilliant. (Besides, most people spend the other 364 complaining anyway.) So being thankful + 24 hours of absolute gluttony = 1 happy girl. So yo pilgrims, thank you!
I think we must have forgotten the cheesy tradition of going around the table to share what we are thankful for this year. I can't abandon the tradition all together though, so indulge me will ya?!
1. Myself. (That's for my MOPS gals.) :)
2. My man. I mean there aren't enough words. My partner-in-crime and my best friend.
3. My babies. The highlight of my year, the highlight of my life. Lila + Lincoln, our miracle babies. We have never known such joy.
4. Our family. Simply the best.
5. Health. Health. Health. I have been very sick before, and health is something I will never take for granted again.
6. My sis. L.o.v.e.
7. And YOU. If you are reading this blog, you are probably someone who is a very important part of our lives. So I'm thankful for you too!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING y'all...
...and bring on CHRISTMAS already!!!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
...that is what our favorite photographer said to me when she gave me my proofs from our 9 month photo session. Check it out for yourself. And if you live near me and want a referral to the best photographer around, let me know.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
The Pearl-girl and the Linc-man are doing their best to keep our heads spinning. We have survived 2+ weeks of colds...THANK GOD! We just passed them back and forth, back and forth and back and forth some more. Yeah, it was soooo fun. Please feel free to cancel any plans you have with us if you're sick. We will gladly take a rain check! :) Also we are/have been pushing through 6 teeth the past few weeks. Yeah, that is also a riot. These babies are troopers though as they have to share their mama's attention when they aren't feeling super-great. Once again, we realize how blessed we are. Here a some of pics from the past couple of weeks.
Learning how to play together...
Monday, November 16, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
One of these 3 things will happen to the next person who tells me--'IT GETS EASIER!'
1. I will make them pinky-promise it will happen.
2. I will make them sign their name to a contract ensuring that it will happen.
3. I will make them swear on their most prized possession that it will in fact happen.
What I have learned so far is that Easier + Twins = Not Gonna Happen.
Perhaps a more appropriate comment would be--'The challenges will change', or something to that effect.
Also, to all our friends and family who have told me that we're making this look easy...WE'RE LYING! :)
Sunday, November 8, 2009
I pride myself on being a quick learner. Yeah I make TONS of mistakes, but that's how I learn. (Don't ask Brian about my mistakes unless you have LOTS of time to spare.) I have learned more in the past 9 months than I used to think was humanly possible.
And here are a few examples:
1. I now know what lap pads are.
2. I can pack a diaper bag. (My mom had to pack the first one because I had NO IDEA what to put in the thing.
3. I can do almost any household chore absolutely silent.
4. Mowing your lawn, allowing your dog to bark, driving garbage trucks, calling the home phone and various other loud noises should be avoided between the hours of 8-10am and 1-3pm.
5. A sleeve is as good as anything to wipe a snotty nose, drool or spit up.
6. Showers aren't entirely necessary.
7. Sleep is overrated.
8. Sid the Science Kid and Baby Einstein are God's gifts to mothers.
9. You NEVER stop needing your mama. (Even if your 30 AND live 2 states away.)
10. Babies change every relationship you have.
Cheers to the 2 BEST TEACHERS in the uni. Your daddy and I love you turds!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Lila + Lincoln lived in my belly 38 weeks and 1 day. (When you have 2 babies in your belly, that 1 day is a BIG DEAL!) Tomorrow the babies will be 9 months old. They have now lived outside of me longer than they lived inside of me. And that is crazy. So here is the lowdown on our two babies.
Lila is the big girl. She is just the sweetest thing ever! She continues to love music, songs and dancing around with mama and daddy. She claps when she's excited and waves to say hello and goodbye. She says dada, mama, nana, baba, wawa and various other hysterical noises. Her favorite story right now is Chica Chica Boom Boom and she laughs so hard at the end. Every single time. She has 2 teeth and uses them to eat her Cheerios. (This girl can pound the Cheerios.) She's pretty much perfection and we are so blessed to have this sweet, hysterical little gal in our family. (I do think she likes her paci more than her brother though.)
Lincoln is a perfect blend of rascal and cuddle bug. HE IS INTO EVERYTHING! He is long and skinny. We just can't fatten this guy up. No matter how much he eats, he just gets longer. He motors around this house in search of cords, dog food, candles, and all my super-fun house decorations that will now need to be put away. He likes to pull up and is starting to walk from side-to-side on the couch. He has 3 teeth and 3 more just about to poke through. He loves to laugh, grunt, bang his toys extra-hard, drool on everything in sight and crawl all over his mama. Lila's hair continues to fascinate him, much to Lila's dismay. Our boy is rascal through and through, but comes in for frequent snuggle sessions and love. What a perfect fit for our family. (I'm pretty sure he likes Jezebelle more than his sissy though.)
Happy 9 months to our little miracles! You have added so much joy to our lives. (And probably have taken several years off as well.)