Monday, February 13, 2012

Half Empty Full

It's been rough around here the last couple of weeks.

Uhhhhh!

I'm so dang tired. Like I-have-a-newborn-baby tired.

Except that I don't.

It's just that Brian's knee just hasn't been right since his surgery in the fall. And then the call we got a week and half ago from his doc that we needed to do another surgery. ASAP. And the subsequent hospital stay. And then daddy being laid up. And Lincoln showing us how strong his will is every 5 minutes. And Lila letting us hear her whiny voice more in the past week and half than we ever have. Cue the puking dog. And the broken dryer. And Brian's phone getting stolen. And I almost chopped my finger off while preparing dinner. And when we went to a restaurant this week and I dropped not one, but 2 entire plates of food on the floor. And the rain. My goodness, THE RAIN!
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

But I'm over it.

I just can't even focus on that sheeeee for one. more. minute.

There is just too much to be thankful for.

I get to co-parent with Brian. I just adore that guy. And my kids are healthy, strong and smart. And I will get to fold super-hero capes and tutus again when my dryer is fixed tomorrow. And my mom came and helped for a whole week! And I got a pedicure today. And I have gift certificate for a massage that I found in the bottom of our junk drawer. That will be used very soon. And we finally found a babysitter this week. And we have the most awesome neighbors. And I can still get Meyer lemons at the market. And we are 2 months away from Italy. And I got to hold 2 little babies, miracle babies no less, in the NICU last night during my first volunteer shift.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

And we call this a perspective change folks....otherwise known as a big, fat
Attitude Adjustment.

Which is exactly what the doctor ordered after this rocky week.

And now I'm off to hide hearts all around the house for our little Valentines.
And we have a lunch date with daddy tomorrow.

It's gonna be a good day.




1 comment:

  1. I think this is one of THE ROCKIN'EST blogs you have written yet:):)! Thanks for the reminder to be thankful!!!

    ReplyDelete