Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Daily #5

Goodbye Thursday!  
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.  
Some days just go this way.  
Ugh.
My baby is 12 weeks old.  
And I have had 1 short nap since his arrival.  And today I was tired.  
So dang tired.  
(Not 12 week old twins tired.  That is a whole other story.)
But exhausted nonetheless.
And My Colt, well he hasn't wanted to be out of my arms
OR nap the past 3 days.  
Why????
A growth spurt, preliminary teething, under the weather...who knows?!
Probably just because he's a baby.  And that's what babies do.

I sure do wish my tone had been different with the twins at times today.  I wish my house was a bit cleaner.  I wish my laundry would put away itself. I wish we could catch the mouse, or god forbid, RAT in our garage.  I wish I had an on hand masseuse to rub out the knots in my shoulders from holding my boy and I wish my dog wouldn't eat dirty diapers.

But I'm going to choose to be thankful.
Thankful for a warm house on these frigid days.  Thankful for my healthy family.
Grateful for how well the twins have adjusted to our growing family.  They are so helpful.
Too helpful!
Thankful for my guy and the cup of coffee we drink together every morning.
Thankful that we are days away from headinf to Cali to see our family.
Thankful that tomorrow is a new day, and I get a do over.

Thankful that after working for well over an hour, (again), this sweet (and exhausted) turd took a (measly) 30 minute nap.
But woke up happy as ever.  

The twins *helping* Brian bathe Colt tonight.  
****helping: standing in the way, unrolling the paper towel roll, getting water over everything, 
falling off their stools and putting dish soap on the baby.






1 comment:

  1. That old saying "My Mother always told me there would be days like THIS" , She didn't really and maybe she had a good reason not to!!! You are right, everybody gets a do-over tommorow. Hope you get some rest tonite. Maybe when I come this weekend you and Brian will just take a nap!! NanS

    ReplyDelete