Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December Daily #10

Tis' the season of holiday baking.
I pay my cooks with beaters of dough and cookies.
I have always let the twins be a part of the cooking and baking in my kitchen. Occasionally the messes they create or all of the extra time it takes make me want to lose my ever-loving mind.  

But I try to always choose patience.

These are memories I will always cherish.  I want them to feel capable and confident in the kitchen.  I hope they remember these moments and incorporate them into their traditions someday.  

Today was the first batch of Christmas cookies.  They measured, poured, cracked eggs and were the quality control.  Then they chopped the veggies for our dinner salads.  

I like these guys a lot.

In my kitchen or anywhere.

[they are also amazing at cleanup!]




No comments:

Post a Comment