Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Saturday Evening

Saturday was a really good day. It was a family day. We went on a train ride, went out for lunch, played/worked in our yard...

It was simple.

It was perfect.

After dinner we went out front to finish a little project. The kids were doing what they always do...playing and exploring. But then I caught this glimpse of my Lila. My little Pearl walking across the driveway, looking all kinds of precious. Ponytail bobbing, toddler-tummy poking out, rocking rain boots with shorts, covered in dirt and having the time of her life. I just stopped and watched her. And I decided that I never wanted her to grow up.
So even though I do feel like I acquired some special super-natural powers when I became a mama, I know that I cannot freeze time. (I've tried.) So I ran inside and I grabbed my camera and started snapping away.

Because I seriously feel like these moments are happening too fast. And in an instant they will be gone.

And I never want to forget these carefree days. Or the joy that my babies get from a simple pile of dirt or the neighbors cat.

Because do you know what I think people??? I think life can really be this simple.

If we let it.

I snagged this car from the Goodwill for 9 bucks. I can't hardly believe I got a picture of Lila in it. (Lincoln loves this car so much it's the first thing he talks about when he gets up and the last thing he talks about before he falls asleep.)
I just love this little turd.

And I kind of want her, (and her most adorable brother), to stay 2 forever.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures!!!! I have been thinking alot about one of my favorites of Kelley at almost 3 picking flowers in a field of daisies, just because right now they are all around us on the side of the road....God is good to give us such precious little cargo to enjoy, love and protect..and to let us be able to freeze some of these snapshots in our minds forever....P.S. bet you'll be looking for another car soon!!!!Thanks for sharing!!! Nanny S

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this, I felt like I was right there watching Lila play. I love all the pictures and her expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet. sweet. sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been said there are no perfect days....only perfect moments....but I think those perfect moments make a day P.E.R.F.E.C.T.:):):) Precious pics!!!! Precious commentary!!!!

    ReplyDelete