Monday, June 6, 2011

Hi!

Uhhh! I lost my phone on our recent trip to California. Such a bummer. So I have been with out a cell phone for almost 1 whole month. It has been freeing and frustrating. I'm over it. My mom is sending me her old one, which hopefully will be here tomorrow. I think I owe about a million people a phone call.

Speaking of my mom, this is how she scaled my neighbors wall to try to get a peek at his mega-mansion.

All this and she couldn't even see it. I know, I know. Awesome.

Don't you just love summer? Even though it hasn't really felt like summer in my area, I certainly love all the fresh fruits + veggies that are available this time of year. It has even helped break me out of my cooking-funk. Do you have some yummyand healthy recipes you wanna share with me? Feel free.
Zucchini, peppers + carrots in our turkey burgers tonight.

I love these yummy potatoes. Aren't the purple ones so beautiful?!
Making my favorite pasta dish. (And my sis' too!)
And I bought nectarines today. Nectarines! Aren't those little gems such an underrated treasure? I adore them.

Our seeds are growing. This was last week:
And this was today! I heart gardening. (When it's not raining that is.)

Our little town had a very big parade this weekend. And even the sun decided to make an appearance. Amazing! Pirate themed parade on the waterfront with eagles soaring above...are you kidding me??? It really was perfect.



OK, I'm gonna go beg my husband to run down to the market to get me some Skittles. It's 9pm, but I'm gonna try.

How are you all doing? Do I owe you a phone call. I'm sorry, soon I promise! :)

6 comments:

  1. You and your phone! You need one of those chains that connects to your pants. I am SOOOO in a cooking funk. I need some inspiration from you. That pasta looks delicious! YUM! Maybe we could have some cooking classes on our visits this summer. You are so fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's in the pasta dish? it looks yummy! I know that this is something that you wouldn't have to work hard at, but have you tried the Roasted garlic and sea salt mahi mahi from Costco? It is in the frozen section and wrapped individually. It is YUMMY and BOTH of the boys like it! I usually serve it with green beans and baked potato or salad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...the pics of your mom scaling the wall - PRICELESS! I love it! That is something my mom would totally do and I would be like hiding in a bush trying not to be seen. Maybe next time I will pull out my camera and take a picture!!! : ) What are you growing in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! We were literally dying laughing seeing those pics of MuthaK!! LOVE IT! Also, the food all looks amazing. We are dying for a trip to see the Swishers and the Pacific NW! Maybe we can make something work in the fall. Miss & love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. photos of chocolate chip cookies didn't make the cut?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!!!! SUMMER ROCKS!!!! LOVE IT! You should post these pics to some magazine.....especially Debbie's climbing/spying adventure:):) AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete