Wednesday, July 6, 2011

TEN

July 6th is my most favorite day of the year. Nope, not my birthday. It is our anniversary. And today is a super-special one because we are celebrating TEN years.

What a ride it has been. Filled with adventures, lots of trips, career changes, 4 moves, an illness, TWINS, a crazy beagle and a lot of laughs. I remember for many years after we got married, we kinda felt like we were 2 kids living in a grown up world. Playing house almost. In our first house, before we had enough furniture to fill the place, we would thrown a football or play volleyball in our living room for months. I had no idea how to cook when we got married and most of the tools B had were left over from my apartment in college. Things are certainly different now.

It was 112 degrees the day we got married. And Sacramento, a usually dry place, decided to throw in some humidity for the occasion. Now I knew Brian loved me, but he really proved it by wearing his black tuxedo in that kind of heat. I wore 4 inch heels and we danced and danced until we had to leave the reception to get to San Francisco in time for our early morning flight. My feet hurt for days! We had a beautiful wedding. A very, very beautiful wedding. But truth be told, my mom and dad planned the whole thing. I was living in another state finishing my last semester of college, student teaching and working. I just wanted to marry that big guy I fell in love with. Most of the details weren't too important at the time. It was a perfect day.

Tonight we are going out to dinner. I'll wear a dress and hold my husbands hand. And we will celebrate the first 10 married years.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary you two love birds! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to a great couple....your 1st 10 years were very full...and with the double blessing you recieved 2 years ago we know life will always be busy...Here's wishing you many more Happy Years Together...Love Ya..Dad and Mom S

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 10th anniversary to our favorite couple in the uni. we <3 you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! What a fast 10 years. I will never forget going w/Dad to the bridal fair and wearing a sticker that said, "BRIDE" so the vendors would talk to us. I think we stood out enough!!! We love you two and love spending time with you. Cheers to the next 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you both! Awesome parents, awesome people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful wedding for the beginning of your beautiful life:) LOVE YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete