Tuesday, February 2, 2010

364 Days Old

When we put our babies to bed tonight, we kissed our less-than-a-year old twins goodnight. Tomorrow, well tomorrow they will be 1. ONE!!! (Deep breath Karla.) Insert every cliche here and it would be true. This is what I know for sure, when I attempted to go to sleep 1 year ago, I felt excited, anxious, nervous and uncomfortable. I couldn't wait to meet the babies we dreamed about and prayed for. All babies are miracles no doubt, but some babies start in your heart long before they grow in your belly. Lila + Lincoln were 2 of these babies. I knew I would love these babies, but my mind had no understanding of how much and how immediate the love would flow. We are talking tidal wave here people! The whole birthing process was a dream. I enjoyed every. single. minute. In fact, I have enjoyed every single moment of this whole entire (sleepless) year. But can I be a little honest for a second--this birthday is also a little bittersweet. I'm a little sad that this baby phase is coming to an end. Hard work no doubt, but some of the sweetest moments of my life.

Here are some pics of the whole damn fam before bed tonight. Yep, this is how our family pics will look for the rest of forever I'm sure. (That is until we add another turd to the photo....)







6 comments:

  1. And what a wonderful Family you are!!!!I agree that even as a Nanny it is bittersweet....they are still babies but entering a new phase...It seems like just a short time ago we were holding them in daily prayer for their safe arrival!!!! Can't wait to give them Birthday hugs and Kisses...I thank the Lord always for our Grandchildren and their amazing parents...God has blessed us Greatly!!!Nanny S

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's early but the big day is here! Can't wait for Super Swisher Birthday Sunday I.

    Happy first birthday to Lila and Linc from your Pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Swisher Twinners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. :) Happy happy birthday sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog photo of the shoes, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the crazy family photos. It is so hard to believe your little ones are a year already. Here's to the sweetest second year ever Lila and Lincoln! Happy Birthday - The Tolomei Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPPPPPYYYYYYY BIIIIIRRRRRRTTTHHHHHDDDDAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY TO THE CUTEST TWINS EVERRRR!!!! This year went waaay fast!!!! You guys have done such an amazing job as their parents..... LOVE YOU ALLLLLL!!!

    ReplyDelete