Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year

Can I just say, it's not Happy New YearS?!

I had many people say or write that to me.  It's just one new year people...singular.

My.

Moving right along, our tradition since moving to the Harbor has been walking the Narrows bridge on January1st.  
But this time it was verrrrry cold.
And gray.
Such a NW clichè, I know!

It's always fun to be outside with my family.  Even on days like this. We got back to our car with frozen fingers and snotty noses and headed to a local diner for breakfast.

We are starting this year with no sweets or treats for 7 days!  It's a fun family challenge that gets us back in our regular eating routine and away from all of the  treats of the holiday season.  

I love that L + L are old enough to understand this and be excited about our goal.  They even turned down candy and Popsicles from our neighbors tonight by saying 'maybe next time'.  

I love those rascals!



No comments:

Post a Comment