Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rare Air

We had the opportunity of a lifetime a couple of weekends ago.  
A good friend of ours, who just happens to be a pilot in the Air Force, gave us a private tour of a C-17.  

Can I just tell you that plane is the daddy of all planes.
My.

Headed up with the big dog.
It was really amazing.
For a history/military geek like myself, it was super-awesome
Our friend, who pilots the C-17 was the very best tour guide.  
So good in fact, I was able to temporarily look past the fact he is a Cowboys fan.
Temporarily.

Future pilot in training.
The twins were fascinated and so very well behaved.  
Which I would love to attribute to our mad-parenting skillz, 
but in all honesty, I'm quite certain it was most likely due to their awe of the gigantic, mack-daddy plane.

Anyway your homework is to google the dude this plane was named after...Col Joe Jackson.
A real life hero/super-stud.


God Bless the USA!

On another related yet completely unrelated note.
VOTE PEOPLE!
VOTE.
VOTE.
VOTE.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, and LOVE the pictures!!! So glad you got to take a tour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad would love to go on that tour!

    ReplyDelete