Monday, October 8, 2012

Fair Fun

We hadn't seen my folks in a couple of months and they just couldn't take it longer, so they booked a semi-last minute trip to come visit.  
And it just happened to coincide with the fair.


I don't remember going to the California State fair with my family growing up.  
(Probably because it was too much money and way too hot in the middle of July.)  
So anyway, it was extra-fun to have them along this time.  
And we had nice weather!


I was more than happy to let Grammie and Pops take L + L on the swings that go round and round.
(Puke-city for me!)


And of course, they were more than thrilled to take them.


This dragon ride was one of the first we went to.  Lila wouldn't ride because she was afraid.
I just knew this wild little girl would love it, but she refused.

When we had only enough tickets to go on one more ride, I asked the twins where they would like to go.
Miss Lila said the dragon ride.
The dragon ride!!!



I was just so proud of her.
She overcame that fear on her own.
So we went all the way back to the dragon ride and without any fear to be found, she hopped on the ride so confidently.


And I am certain, that no child on that ride enjoyed it more.


That is the smile we live for as parents.  
Joy.  
Pure joy.

I sure do love these 2.





No comments:

Post a Comment