Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hair


 Let's address the elephant in the room...
Lila's hair.


When we were choosing a name for our yet-to-be-born daughter, 
I immediately fell in love with the name Lila.  I remember visiting
 California when I was about 8 weeks pregnant chatting about baby names with my 6 week pregnant sister.
I came across Lila, and I just knew that if I had daughter, that would be her name.
The first meaning I read for the name Lila was dark-haired beauty.
I thought that was ever-so-sweet.
And it became ever-so-fitting.

9 months later, out came this sweet duo.
The week before I delivered the twins, an ultrasound tech said that Baby A (Lila) had a tiny bit of hair.  
And out Lila came with a head full of the blackest hair I ever done did see.  
So dang much.

And it grew and Grew and GREW!
Quickly.

Just after her 1st Bday...

And at 2...

And now at 3.


She's had 3 haircuts.  
The first was when she was about 10 months old.  
We cut the wings she was growing behind each ear.  

And then after her 3rd birthday, we cut several inches off.  
Mostly because it was getting stuck in her pants.
And then this summer we cut another couple of inches.


Kelsey had/has this head of hair.  
I was jealous of it my whole dang life! 
It is my dream hair. 
I, on the other hand, had the stringy/baby fine/ doesn't-want-to-grow-past-my-shoulders hair.
I would have never dreamed my daughter would have these locks.
Lucky little lady.


However, it has always made her look older than she is.
And I have always disliked that.

She just loves it long, but I do wonder when she'll want it all gone.  
It's heavy.  
And hot in the summer. 
And it takes forever to dry.

But nonetheless, I do love it so.


On another note, what happened to my roly-poly little girl?!  
She is longer and leaner than ever.
Ugh!
Watching them grow up is mostly exhilarating.
And a little bit heartbreaking.









4 comments:

  1. Well said!!! I am glad to know the story of those beautiful locks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair is wonderful! It's fun to do different things with long, thick hair. And now you fully understand why I called sister's hair "the mop"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask the same thing...where did time go? Kind of makes this momma's heart sad, but happy at the same time. :) Lila is such a beauty and tenderhearted girl. Oh, and don't you worry about being sad because little Linc will bring you flowers to make your heart hurt a little less! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pictures of your adventures, DISNEYLAND, and that I can BE THERE with you for the awesomeness:):):):). Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete