Monday, March 21, 2011

Randomness

Brian + I booked our 10th anniversary trip this week. We will be married TEN YEARS in July. How did that happen???


We will be away from these turds for 5 nights. Six days and five nights. So far, in 25 months, I have been away from them for maybe 3 or 4 hours max.


Will I be sad to leave them? Without a doubt. My mom tells me it will be harder than I think... I don't think that is possible.


Here is what I know. These couple of years have been full. And busy. So freaking busy.


But sometimes the Mama + Daddy need a break. A time to put our focus completely on each other. Because I was a wife before a mama. And someday, long after our children are grown. It will be me + him. All alone again.


We think one of the best gifts we can give these turds is a strong us. Our parents did that, and we are grateful.


I'm pretty sure the beach will make it easier for me.


And B is my most favorite dude on the planet after all.


10 years!

Wow.

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! So true that to be a good parents you have to first be a strong couple. Something those turds will cherish forever! 10 years is awesome. You two inspire us as a couple and as parents. Love you guys and miss you TONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you blended writing about your marriage and parenthood with these pictures. I always love reading your blog! Going to the beach? Are you sure you don't want to bring along Grammie . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean we can take vacations away from our kiddos? haha! Hadn't crossed my mind. No...j/k...but I think that is a wonderful thing and congrats on 10 years fast approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you 2 to take this time for yourselves..Too bad this nanny had to go and break her leg!!! Thank goodness for 2 sets of loving grandparents..Just so you know they will ask for you but you will miss them way more than they miss you---good choice to choose a nice warm place where you two can relax and enjoy each others company..nanny S

    ReplyDelete