Monday, March 7, 2011

All Aboard

That's right friends, Lincoln + Lila hopped on the potty train. Can I get a WOOP-WOOP?!?!

I had been toying with the idea of potty training for a while now. And right after their birthday I decided to give it a go. (On a whim in true Karla-style.) I didn't read any books, blogs or otherwise--I just made a plan I thought would work for my kids. I figured I would work on training them both, and if I could at least get one aboard the potty train I would count it a success. The other one could try again at a later date.

I thought Lincoln was the more ready of the 2. Lila proved me wrong. Just a couple of accidents on the first day and she was with me. Lincoln on the other hand--not so much. He would pee on that potty no problem, but I could NOT get that kid to drop it on the pot! ...until day FIVE! I was patient, never got upset, and I wasn't willing to throw the towel in on my potty training experiment. All it took was the first doo on the loo and he was golden.

*It's been 3 weeks since we've said ADIOS to the diapers.

Thank God!

(*except night time of course!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I've learned about potty training:

1. As disgusting as you think poopy diapers are, poopy underwear is way, WAY worse.
2. Not leaving your house for 3-4 days in the beginning, with your potty-training children, could quite possibly make you eligible for a visit to the looney house. (OR WORSE!)
3. Be patient, patient, patient and consistent.
4. Toddler butts look flipping adorable in underwear.

5 comments:

  1. O.M.G.!!! AWESOME!!! Way to go Karla and Lincoln and Lila!!! I totalllly agree that those little butts are just soooo cute in underwear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!!! Maybe Lucca will catch on when you visit...however not the best time to start with a new addition comming!!!CONGRATS!!! Nanny S

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting Karla. Luci has also been potty trained for 3-4 weeks, and I agree, toddler butts are precious in undies (we constantly want to pinch her bubbly behind). congrats on your success x2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME! Oh you give me hope!! It took me FOREVER with JC and so I figure this time around I am gonna get right on it. You have given me hope that by the end of this year we will be DONE with diapers. Yay! Congrats Momma Swisher on a Job well done and Quickly!!

    ReplyDelete