Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring

I have a love/hate relationship with the season of Spring. I love the idea of it. In fact, once upon a time it was my hands-down favorite season of them all. But I pretty much hate spring in the northwest. This is when those infamous grey days blow. It's cold, wet and just plain gross on most days. We have a few nice days or hours mixed in between the grey ones, but few being the key word here. Oh and the other bad part, I'm pretty convinced summer doesn't start here until at least the 4th of July. (Summer being somewhat consistent warm weather.) As much as I love the Pac NW and all of the beautiful things it has to offer, the truth is, spring is little bit of a let down. Ok a big let down if your California girl like myself.

Nevertheless on most spring days, rainy or kinda-rainy or grey as can be, you will find a bundled up Lila + Lincoln down at the park, in our backyard or on a gigantic walk around our neighborhood pond. They don't know any different and are loving exploring the outdoors. We love rocks, woodchips, picking flowers, eating rocks, sliding, throwing balls, looking for birds + planes, saying 'hiiii' + 'byyyyeee' to everyone in the neighborhood, eating dirt, sitting in wet puddles and mud, blowing bubbles and screaming.

I can't wait for summer!





2 comments:

  1. i can't believe those tights STILL fit her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands down....the most adorable children EVAAAAAHHHHH:):) AND parents!

    ReplyDelete