Thursday, April 1, 2010

High Fives All Around

My bro-in-law, Crazy Uncle Rus, tried to start a campaign last year in San Francisco where he lives. While running down the Embarcadero, he wore this shirt:
His goal was simple. Runners high-fiving other runners for encouragement and an extra-boost of energy. A camaraderie if you will. He thought this was a great idea and that people would appreciate the support. Some did. Others definitely did not. He decided his idea had failed when people started Yelping that they wanted to knock out the crazy dude high-fiving people in the city. Running in certified clown shoes no less. (Another story for another blog.)

Today I went grocery shopping and I felt the urge to give high-fives to all the mamas doing the exact same thing with their many small children. I know it sure wasn't pretty getting my kids to the store this morning. Keeping them happy throughout the trip is a JOB. Moms cheering on moms...I like that. Scratch that--I LOVE THAT. I'm going to start doing this, you just watch. You'll probably be seeing this little mama shouting 'Up Top' down the aisles of Trader Joes + Target very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that! Today was a day I would of loved a double high five! Too bad I did not run into you at Trader Joe's or Target!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, no one but another mom GETS IT:) HIGH 5, KARLA!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember how stoked he was about this idea...oh my bro. just trying to share the love he has for life with others and i love it that you are too!

    ReplyDelete