Friday, March 2, 2012

Bon Iver

Even though I'm listed as "Skinny Love' on his phone,
my husband and I disagree {strongly} about our love for Bon Iver.
B is team Bon Iver.

Me...Not so much.

Well actually, not at all. Good thing I'm not a hipster, because not loving Bon Iver is definitely grounds for turning in your cool card.
Listen, I think he is a rad dude. Talented no doubt.
But the high pitched singing gets me way confused.

Brian hasn't been able to get enough of the dude foreverrrrr. A year maybe?! I mean the guy just loves to love on his music. All day, every day for months. And months. And months.
In the car, in his office, on his phone, in our home...singing the tunes and playing his guitar.

For the love.

Being the loving wife that I am, I even bought him the vinyl for a present.
{That's true love folks.}

But recently I just had enough. And I had to be honest.

I told B that even though I love him so,
I CAN'T FREAKING STAND BON IVER.

Whew. That felt good.

And although we agree to disagree {strongly} on this subject,
I'm pleased to report that Brian and I are still happily married.

What about you? Are you a fan?
Am I the only one on God's green earth that feels this way?
Probably.

Thank God my man isn't a fan of U2.
Then we would have a problem.





3 comments:

  1. I found this post made me curious. I had never heard of Bon Iver (I'm old & out of touch I guess)so I had to hit up google. I'm going to have to say that the music is pretty good, I could definately listen to it. But... the vocals, um... not so much. Sorry Brian, but I'm gonna have to vote with Karla on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I forgot to sign my "anonymous" post. It was me...Aunt Gwen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can't get into Bon Iver, I wonder how things will go for you in heaven when God's choir sings! B-

    ReplyDelete