Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Couple of *Fings/**Kings

*'Fings' - 'Things' as said by Lincoln
**'Kings' - 'Things' as said by Lila

*We went to a Barn Party today. At a barn. Complete with square dancing, cows, a magic show and BBQ salmon. Does life get any better?

*I have discovered Wordoku people. Now this, this is a good time.

*I am currently rocking a gigantic slash across my nose as a result of a run-in with Lila's teeth. I am happy to report that the Pearl's teeth remained intact, and although there was blood shed, I will survive.

*We started ripping out the nas-tay carpet from our upstairs tonight. Our new carpet is coming Monday! I will celebrate by rolling around on it.

*I am currently reading Nothing Like it in the World by Stephen Ambrose. It is all about the building of the transcontinental railroad. This is fascinating stuff. I'm convinced, if young people read more books about our history, we would be a much more patriotic nation.

*Lila likes to tell me NO. A lot. As a result, I like to give her time-outs. A lot.

*Lincoln likes to whimper. But only when he isn't getting what he wants RIGHT NOW. (All day long.)

*Brian + I are the same age for 1 more day. I like the 3 months of the year that we are the same age.
*He wants Wingdome on his birthday. I'm happy to oblige.

* Lincoln + Lila both had their first case of Strep Throat this week. So that was a blast.

*We have so many cute little bunnies around our house right now. Also deer. A few coyotes. Tons of eagles. And a bear. We haven't actually seen the bear. I would like too, but not in MY yard and not within 50 yards. It likes to go to my next door neighbors yard. I'll let you know if I ever see it.

*I really, really love our little family. Nothing makes me happier than when the 4 of us, (and Jezebelle!), are hanging out.

*I love summer.




3 comments:

  1. seriously, you crack me up. and your kids, they are pretty funny too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucca says "kings" too

    Mama, I need someking.

    Adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucca says "kings" too

    Mama, I need someking.

    Adorbs.

    ReplyDelete