Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Call Me Crazy

Call me crazy, call me worse even, but we are trying very hard to intstill healthy food habits with our children. It's not as easy as it sounds these days. Even the church nursery offers the crackers I work hard to avoid. No candy, no soda, no juice (yet), organic milk, minimal processed food, + baked sweet potato fries only please. These little turds are only 17 months old. We feel like there is plenty of time for all the junk America has to offer. Not yet twins, not yet.

Crazy, I know. Don't you just wish I was your mom??? Didn't think so. :)

3 comments:

  1. in California, you are CRAZY if you don't do those things. good job mama. keep doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not crazy---it's just hard to keep it to your food choices unless you carry snacks with you.... Dad and I will try to be mindful of what you two want them to eat!!! It is a good idea with so much processed food and so much sugar these days...Nanny S

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not crazy! Once you become aware of the junk out there -- oh and not to mention the daily reminder of what that junk does to people -- I think you are CRAZY if you don't try to control your kids intake while you still have COMPLETE control. Great job K & B!

    ReplyDelete