Friday, October 25, 2013

Bedtime

Why, oh why are our children so irresistible, so dang beautiful while they sleep?

Every night, after the twins fall asleep, I sneak in and turn off their reading lights.  I remove the random books, flashlights, various treasures and occasional toys that were snuck in their beds.

And then I just stare at them.  Amazed by their long eyelashes, humongous hands, Lincoln's red lips + Lila's pink ones.  Amazed that their ours.

 I touch their soft cheeks and breathe in the smell of their freshly washed skin.  I usually have to make sure Lila's pony tail or braid isn't wrapped around her neck.

And then I pray for them.  Prayers of tremendous gratitude.  And prayers seeking wisdom for the future + patience for tomorrow.  Because parenting is no joke!

And then I kiss them again and again and tuck them in tight.  Anxious to do it again the next night.  

Tummy sleeper since birth.  Cozy tucked under her cheek.

Back sleeper always.  Sweaty with rosey cheeks and lion swisher close by.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your beautiful words about your littles. They will treasure these posts so much someday. Parenting is no joke and you and Brian are rocking it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures, children are so precious, especially watching them peacefully sleeping. Nan S

    ReplyDelete