Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sunshine + Babies

Today was filled with 2 of my most favorite things...sunshine and my babies.

This afternoon, after a walk with the 3 turds, we decided to play out front for a bit.  We built a [pretend] fire, climbed a [pretend] mountain and collected all kinds of fall treasures.  

I hope our kids remember all the times Brian and I get down and dirty and play with them.

And then the twin-turds asked to take pictures of me + my Colt.  
(Lincoln took the first and third,  Lila the 2nd and 4th.). 
Colt was so well behaved all day, until it was time for me to make dinner.  
Man, it was loud in my house. 
He was one sad/mad dude.  

You'll never hear me complain about how busy life is right now.  
This is the life Brian + I dreamed of, and created, together.  
There are wonderful parts.  And there are messy parts too. 

 I'm sure I'll get to sleep again someday, 
or maybe get a freaking second in the bathroom without a visitor.  
Perhaps I'll even be able to make dinner without holding a screaming baby.  
Until then, I'll be the girl with the spit up in her hair, 
sparkly silver nails that match my daughters, 
a plastic sword in my hand cutting down spider webs with my son, 
milk stains in my bra and gigantic smile on my face.

2 comments:

  1. a loud house is a happy house. our motto at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good memories to be making!!! Enjoy---They will remember!!! Nan S

    ReplyDelete