Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pearly Whites

Taking your twins to the dentist today for the 1st time = Goodbye, mama-guilt.

I've been intending to take the kids to the dentist for months. Months and months actually. And today was the day. I took them to a pediatric dentist in town and had the most fabulous experience.

I had the kids all pumped up about how cool it was going be, and how wide they had to open their mouths, and how big they were now to visit the dentist, etc. (Clearly I am a good liar storyteller, because I am actually terrified of the dentist.)

And they were rock stars. Happy, cooperative, curious and polite.

The hygienist complimented them on numerous occasions. She assured me that is was certainly not like this every time children came to the dentist.

So, of course, I didn't mention the gigantic tantrum Lincoln had before we arrived. All because I made him wear a long sleeve shirt. For the love.

They were able to do a full cleaning and take x-rays of their front and back teeth. Which apparently does not happen on first visits very often.

But seriously, what is up with recommending flossing? For your 2 year olds. For real? Kinda ridiculous.

They had perfect teeth, and told me that we were doing a great job. And it always feels great when you get a little positive feedback. Am I right other mamas?!?


They might have said something about Lincoln having an overbite. What the freak? Where ever would get that from?

Ahem.

(Keep your mouth shut Kelsey.)

Moving on, the dentist gave them a Popsicle.

I want a Popsicle after I go to the dentist.

A Popsicle and a hug.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like they actually enjoyed that new experience at the Dentist,Good Job Lila and Lincoln!!!! and great brushing Dad and Mom!!!!Nanny S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lila holding Lincoln's hand. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these pictures... Linc's upside down glasses, Lila rocking the awesome pony and the way she lovingly is holding his hand. :) Also, for flossing try the flossers. I have found that those are WAY easier to use than the floss (and imagine this but Landon doesn't even mind sitting through it!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poster children for the dentist.... the dentist should be paying you for the wonderful experience of cooperative kids:):)

    ReplyDelete