Sunday, October 2, 2011

October?!


A.) How in the world can it already be October???

AND....

B.) What happened to September???

I mean, I feel old. Because this is exactly what old people say all the time. Young peeps definitely do not think time flies. It takes foooorrreeevvvveeerrr to turn all the most important ages. You know, 16 and 18 and 21. And then BAM! You have a couple of kids and you can't even keep up with how fast you need to turn the calendar pages. I'm pretty much expecting hot flashes and a colonoscopy any freaking day now. (And let me tell you I have had my fair share of hot flashes before, and I'm not looking forward to them.)

But I digress...

Blogs are infrequent around these parts. Does anyone still read this I wonder???? It's not because I don't have things to say. It's just busy all day. And flat-out exhaustion at night.

But let me tell you that I love being a mama. I just love it so damn much. (Sorry mom.) It is amazing how much joy and pride my little turds can bring me one moment, AND have me on my knees begging for mercy, {most likely in tears,} the next. 2 year olds are awesommmmmeee. For reals awesome. I wouldn't change anything about this age. (Except that it goes way too fast.) And I wouldn't change that I get to spend all my days with them. Even if I can't get all the new fall boots I want.

Well Brian did tell me I could get them all...

...If I get a job.

BAH!

Lila Pearl is nothing short of awesome.
She is girl-y. I'm talking obsessed with all things beautiful. A lover of prettiness. Which why it is so awesome that she is a part of boy/girl twin-ship. Because she also loves to play monster trucks, any sport with a ball, bike + scooter riding, bug collecting, dirt-digging and the like. She would just prefer to do it with a ballerina dress on thank you very much. She loves to sing and knows every single song I've ever taught her or that she has ever heard.
She also makes up songs frequently and likes to shake her booty. She loves to help in the kitchen with an apron on of course. I know every parent thinks their children are beautiful, and we are no exception. Sometimes I look at our Lilee P and she simply takes my breath away. So dang pretty and so dang sweet. She's all-out precious. She makes me laugh until tears fall down my face. She is my very best girl.

Lincoln is my buddy.


Our most favorite dude. Fun-loving to the core of his skinny little body. Likes to be silly and make his sissy laugh. Which is mostly done by saying poo, poop, poopy, etc. ALL THE TIME. Which is a no-no in this house. Which is why sissy laughs. Which makes me and the big guy crazy. He is strong + coordinated. Sweet + sensitive. Careful + brave. He likes to figure things out + do things on his own.
There will be times I look at him and see nothing but Brian. I mean it is frightening really. And then sometimes I look at his little face, and see my own when I was his age. Genetics are such a mystery. This guy loves to dance, and will stop in the middle of any task if hears music to shake his groove thing. I melt for our stud. Absolutely melt.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great update and pics of your beautiful Fam. We miss you but look forward to seeing you soon, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE BLOG....YES.....WE KEEP UP...WE ENJOY THAT YOU KEEP UP THE BLOG AS YOU HAVE TIME:) Love the pictures, the family, the faces, the commentary..... soooo awesome that you let us share in this ever changing story....LOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still read your blog!!! Agree...October already!?!? Before you know it your little ones will be 3!!! That is shocking if I do say so myself!!

    Love the pictures! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete