Monday, March 22, 2010

Who Are These Babies?

I was looking through some old pics tonight and I ran across this one--
OK SO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABIES??? Oh I recognize these two faces, but this feels like so very long ago. But in my mind, it was yesterday. I remember so much of these days, and I half expect to see these little baby faces when I go in to see them in the morning. But these days are gone. The good news--we are having a blast. And I love seeing these grown up faces when I see them in the morning.
Everything is new to these precious people, and that makes life so very exciting to the big guy and myself. Can we talk for a second about all the teeth in these 2 mouths? Loads and loads of teeth. Their hair is growing like crazy. Somehow Lincoln's legs keep getting longer and longer AND trust me on this one folks, you DO NOT want to belly bump with The Pearl. She will destroy you. They are learning new words every day. Today for Lila it was ni-ni. (Night-night!) And for our boy, well he just about jumps out of his skin watching March Madness with Brian. Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba. (Ball) I can't eat cookies anymore in front of these turds because they know. They know dammit! Our days are filled with snuggles, smiles, tears and poop. Tons and tons of poop. Brian and I always knew that we would have fun with our children, but we were not prepared for how much they would crack us up. What a wild ride.

5 comments:

  1. The parent-child roller coaster ride is THRILLING!!! Some days it totally takes your breath away..... more excitement to come:) Hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I didn't even recognize the first picture! You are not kidding they have changed so much. Darling. - Jemi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jemi, I barely recognized the first pic too! :) Lila has always been so stinking cute, but oh my goodness Karla, she is growing into a beautiful, beautiful little girl! And of course Linc has always been a stud! :) Many props to you two...you make gorgeous kids! Proud of you guys, as always! -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing to do each day is to check your blog. You do an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete