Saturday, November 28, 2009

Yo Pilgrims!

Yo pilgrims?!? You are oh so smart. Obviously all those months of being sea sick, eating stale bread and drinking nasty water on the Mayflower didn't effect your brains. Neither did disease, starvation or freezing cold temps once you landed @ the Rock. Anyway, starting a tradition of taking a day to acknowledge all of the blessings in your life was brilliant. (Besides, most people spend the other 364 complaining anyway.) So being thankful + 24 hours of absolute gluttony = 1 happy girl. So yo pilgrims, thank you!

I think we must have forgotten the cheesy tradition of going around the table to share what we are thankful for this year. I can't abandon the tradition all together though, so indulge me will ya?!

1. Myself. (That's for my MOPS gals.) :)

2. My man. I mean there aren't enough words. My partner-in-crime and my best friend.

3. My babies. The highlight of my year, the highlight of my life. Lila + Lincoln, our miracle babies. We have never known such joy.

4. Our family. Simply the best.

5. Health. Health. Health. I have been very sick before, and health is something I will never take for granted again.

6. My sis. L.o.v.e.

7. And YOU. If you are reading this blog, you are probably someone who is a very important part of our lives. So I'm thankful for you too!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING y'all...

...and bring on CHRISTMAS already!!!

3 comments:

  1. Grateful for you in our lives, too!!! You all have enriched us... so many wonderful things for which to be thankful.... cuz.... what we feed grows:):):):) LOVE YOU MUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ever want to forget the practice of expressing what we are thankful for....things just got a little distracted as we were sitting down to dinner....I plan to ask everyone else of one thing they are thankful for..For me it is the Amazing Grace of my God, that he has enlarged my family and allowed me the awesome privelage of being a Grandmother to 4 of the most delightful little ones who will each have a unique little personality.....and the blessing of Loving Godly Parents to quide them....Love you All Nanny Swish(AKA MOM)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely about being thankful everyday and you stated it so well. Every day is a gift. Some people on the cruise would complain about the rain, kids running around the ship, the food, . . . I wanted to say, "Come on people! Look! We are in the middle of the gorgeous Carribean Sea!"
    It's better to count our blessings and let that overflow into our lives.
    We're thankful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete