Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm Learning

I pride myself on being a quick learner. Yeah I make TONS of mistakes, but that's how I learn. (Don't ask Brian about my mistakes unless you have LOTS of time to spare.) I have learned more in the past 9 months than I used to think was humanly possible.

And here are a few examples:

1. I now know what lap pads are.

2. I can pack a diaper bag. (My mom had to pack the first one because I had NO IDEA what to put in the thing.

3. I can do almost any household chore absolutely silent.

4. Mowing your lawn, allowing your dog to bark, driving garbage trucks, calling the home phone and various other loud noises should be avoided between the hours of 8-10am and 1-3pm.

5. A sleeve is as good as anything to wipe a snotty nose, drool or spit up.

6. Showers aren't entirely necessary.

7. Sleep is overrated.

8. Sid the Science Kid and Baby Einstein are God's gifts to mothers.

9. You NEVER stop needing your mama. (Even if your 30 AND live 2 states away.)

10. Babies change every relationship you have.

Cheers to the 2 BEST TEACHERS in the uni. Your daddy and I love you turds!

4 comments:

  1. Showers are overrated!! Ponytails are HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE learning curve in 2009! Keep smiling, laughing, and enjoying each day with L + L. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the blessing of being a parent...Babies don't come with instructions and they don't hold us accountable for our mistakes!!!! We just learn and grow along with them...and fortunately we always give them what they need most...Love..food and lots of hugs!!!!Keep up the good work!!!!Mom S

    ReplyDelete
  4. i soooo agree that kids are the greatest teachers! HUGE thank you to our kids for teaching us more than we ever thought we needed to know! and for giving us great moments that take our breath away:):):):)

    ReplyDelete