Tuesday, November 10, 2009

'It Gets Easier'

One of these 3 things will happen to the next person who tells me--'IT GETS EASIER!'

1. I will make them pinky-promise it will happen.
2. I will make them sign their name to a contract ensuring that it will happen.
3. I will make them swear on their most prized possession that it will in fact happen.

What I have learned so far is that Easier + Twins = Not Gonna Happen.

Perhaps a more appropriate comment would be--'The challenges will change', or something to that effect.

Also, to all our friends and family who have told me that we're making this look easy...WE'RE LYING! :)

8 comments:

  1. Someone told me that on Saturday. "Trust me it gets easier". I am not sure what it means but I guess they are just trying to be encouraging. On the other hand it makes me wonder, "do you think I am struggling?". Well you guys are doing great they look like such happy campers...so you are definitely making it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I don't think that it gets any easier, just when they change stages it changes to different challenges. The old season always feels easier after the fact because you have figured out what works/doesn't work. And I think that as they get older, it is not as much physical energy but mental energy. Pretty soon, they will be playing more together and you will not know what to do with yourself. :) Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Karla!!! Boys are fun, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep.... different easy moments.... different challenges...you just get into a comfortable groove and then all of a sudden EVERYTHING CHANGES and you have to readjust everything you did to find that "easier" time!!! you will cherish it all in the someday of your future:):) LOVE YOU ALLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think 2 things-#1 You are a Rock Star and #2 You should take up a career playing Poker.- Good poker face. :)
    -Jemi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jemi! You are a rock star! You guys are amazing parents and you have 2 amazing little babes! :) Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think at age 5 it is supposed to be easier...until they are in their teens, right?
    omg, i can't wait to see the madness when the teendom hits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. for the record, amber is "iwasgunnah" but i can't figure out how to comment with my real name. :)
    #technologyfail

    ReplyDelete