Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tia

Missing my sis tonight.
Man, do I miss her.

This girl drove from Marin to SD with me and my 3 kids and crazy dog.  

In fact, she actually drove the entire way so I could sit in the back seat and entertain Babyzilla and help the twins.  

When we stopped for lunch in crazy-hot central California, she helped
shuttle the twins to-and-from and back again to the bathroom in 103 degree heat, walked the dog and held the baby whenever I needed to attend to other matters.  
All while we sweated our brains out.

She stayed the week and helped me unpack and organize.  She fed my baby, rocked him to sleep and got on the floor and played with him time and time again. 

 She helped me find the basics...Target, grocery store, pool, neighborhood parks, Trader Joes, the beach, In-n-Out, and the local fro-yo joint. 
We registered the kids for school in the fall.

She spent many hours giving my twins individual attention.  
Without being distracted by any of the many things that needed to be done.  
They so needed that.
Lila made a new BFF that's for sure.

And we had fun.  
As we always do when we are together. 
She made this hectic/stressful week loads + loads of fun.

I love that girl! 
I told her the only way to repay her and show her how meaningful her help was...for her to move to SD so she can experience it firsthand.
(*wink*)

I wanna be her when grow up.
I really, really do.

3 comments:

  1. You came close to calling her the "gift from above"! :)

    We are so thankful for the relationship you two have shared since Day 1. It just keeps getting better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that they were there to give you help on that end of the move!! Nan S

    ReplyDelete
  3. SISTERS TOTALLY ROCK:):):)

    ReplyDelete