Sunday, June 22, 2014

So far

A few random observations after our first week in San Diego:

1.  Our house smells like vacation.  
Sweet jasmine as you enter the front door.  
Heavenly.  

2.  There is a reason you never hear anyone complain about San Diego weather. 
Gracious, it's lovely.  
As my dad says, 'the season of perpetual bliss.'  

3.  We have met the loveliest people so far.  
I certainly wasn't expecting such a warm welcome from the SoCal peeps.

4.  The landscaping is so colorful around these parts.  
Our eyes are adjusting from green.

5. I love eating outside.  At home and at restaurants. 
 Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

6.  Downsizing and purging feels good.  
Real good.

7.  Blue skies, I really do love waking up to the blue sky.  
(Truth be told, when the sky is blue in the NW, it's a much deeper blue than this for sure.)

8. I miss the extra couple hours of summer light in the NW.

9. My kids skin is darker and their hair is already lighter than ever.

10.  Swimming every day is good for the soul.  
And bedtime.

11. SoCal, damn you and your fleas. 
Fleas were not part of the plan!

12. Organization makes me happy.  
I thrive in organization.  
This is not currently the state of our affairs...(!!!!)

13. Sunscreen.  
I'm adjusting to the sunscreen application. 
Every time I'm at Target I throw in another bottle or 2.  

14. Sometimes I look at the beauty of our surroundings and find it hard to believe this is our home.

15. There is not a 'one size fits all' way to do life.  
The more people you meet, 
the more you travel, 
the more we remove ourselves from our comfort zones...it just becomes so clear.
(READ: meet more people, travel more, stretch and grow ourselves regularly.)
I could write and write on that topic, but I'll leave it at that.




1 comment:

  1. Good observations..... and yes.....stretch, grow, travel.....new adventures.....AND the season of perpetual bliss!

    ReplyDelete