Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Da' Beds

When we decided a couple of months ago that it was the time for the twins to get big beds, Brian told me he wanted to build them.  
Brian has never, ever built a piece of furniture.
But he is a researcher.  And a perfectionist.  And a hard-worker.  
I wasn't worried for a second about him doing a good job.  I was more concerned about the time it would take to finish the project.  Because as most of you people with young families know, there is certainly not a surplus of time in our days.  
But he did it!  
And he did it exceptionally. 
And I am so proud.
 We had to say goodbye to the baby cribs.  (Which I promptly sold on Craigslist.)  
Kinda bittersweet.
But also exciting.  
Because our children are supposed to grow up after all.  
And thrive!
 Brian did such a great job.  And we will bunk these beds when we feel they are ready.  
 The twins did great in their big beds.  They think they are big stuff for sure.
 I sure do think these 2 hang the moon.
And Brian... 
Well that guy continues to amaze me.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing job Brian!!! You should be very proud of your work....Cute bedding too!!! Looks like they are very excited, hard to believe they are growing soooo fast!!! Nanny S

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them! I love the little chandelier above Lila's bed too! :) So, so cute!! Good job Big Swish... almost as amazing as your toe touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete