Thursday, December 8, 2011

December Daily #8

Pops is coming! Pops is coming!

And how do we welcome Pops at Christmas time?

With a fresh batch of Christmas cookies. His most favorite.

Most people in my family associate me with the Christmas cookies. I'm the one who made the dough, patiently waited while it chilled, carefully rolled and cut each and every cookie and completed them with homemade frosting, sprinkles and love.

Only to have them eaten within minutes.

Every. Last. One.

Every. Single. Time.

I would get so mad!

Now I realize it's a compliment.

I actually think of my Grandma Krug every time I make the cookies. She used to patiently make them with me during her California visits. I always felt so very special.

Now I have 2 little turds to help.

And sneak bites of the dough.

And sprinkle flour all over the floors.

And smash all the cut cookies into pancakes. (Only to be rolled and cut again.)

Oh what's that?

My pictures are always blurry??

Two 2 year olds.

That's all.


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys and gobble up some Christmas cookies - maybe we can make some more! Love, Pops

    ReplyDelete