Tuesday, November 1, 2011

School Yo!

My name is Karla, and I'm a teacher. Always, always have been. You can ask my mother, and she will tell you about the hours I spent wearing her shoes, teaching my imaginary students in her classroom throughout the years. You can ask my sister. Poor Kelsey, she always had to be my student. In fact, she is my only student I had the pleasure of teaching year, after year, after year. After year! You can ask the hundreds of students I taught throughout the years. You could ask Brian. He likes to remind me that he is, in fact, not a student in need of my instruction. Ahem!

And now even Lincoln + Lila can testify. At the end of summer I decided to start being more purposeful in the projects I do with the twins. And since I certainly have enough ideas and storybooks for several classrooms, I decided to put it to use. I chose several seasonal related themes, and a couple times a week we go to 'school'. Totally informal and totally relaxed. Just way fun.

These pics are from September on the first day we tried it. They were fans.
*And nope. I will definitely not be homeschooling. Not for me.

*For several reasons, but mainly because I could never do it justice after observing my amazing cousin Alane.

No comments:

Post a Comment