Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Traditions

Christmas traditions are the bomb dot com. Brian and I are having a lot of fun creating Swisher family traditions. Of course we made the paper-chain countdown. Do the kids know what the heck they are counting the days for??? Probably not. But they do enjoy ripping a link off every night.


One fun thing we are trying this year is a Book-Advent thingy. (Feel free to quote me on that one.) I got the idea from another blog and loved it. You see, as a former Kindergarten teacher, I have tons of books just waiting to be read by these 2. (Organized by themes, holidays and seasons of course.) Anyway, I used 22 books I already had and added a couple of new ones to the mix. I wrapped them all and put them on display. Each night the twins choose one and we read it together before bed. They love this!



I plan on using the same books from year to year, but the surprise will be which one they get every night.


I heart books.

3 comments:

  1. Karla, great idea with the books! One I might have to steal. :) Also, I love that Lila's chain is so neat and Linc's is all crumpled. Such a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even Daddy and Jezzy like books!!!! So fun to create your own traditions...always gives your little family something to look forward to..Nanny S

    ReplyDelete