Monday, September 21, 2009

Teething/Death Biscuits


So blog posts have been slow the past several weeks, but I've got a good reason. Rus + Kels + Lucca have been staying with us...for almost A MONTH. (Rustin is editing a commercial in Seattle and they have spoiled us with an extra-long visit.) During the day when the dudes are busting tail at work, so we can stay at home with our babies, Kelsey + I lay on the couch and eat bon-bons. Being at home all day with 3 babies is a piece of cake.

So today we had the idea of trying teething biscuits with my teething babies. They were LOVING those things until I noticed that the Linc-man's biscuit was missing the entire top. Ooops! I watched him as he calmly chewed and chewed. He then proceeded to calmly start coughing. At this point I'm beginning to freak out a bit. I pick him up to lay him face down, and he starts turning RED. I whack him extra hard and see that darn biscuit shoot into his mouth and I sweep it out. Yeah, I pretty much saved his life! So no more death biscuits for the babies for a little while. Although I think Lincoln and I were quite entertaining to Lila.

Here is a picture of the Swishees prior to our exciting ordeal.

2 comments:

  1. Been there,Done it....Scarey for a few seconds isn't it!!!!!! I learned quickly after that to only let them chew for a very short time.Don't know if it's worth it, although they do seem to love them. I think they used to have like a teething toast???? Sure are precious those two!! Looking forward to seeing them..Glad you are enjoying your family times..Nanny Swish

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to ALL parents! You had the right mind and handled it well - (you pro) - so it sounds like you will be sticking to teething rings huh?

    ReplyDelete