Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pregnant Chicks



I know A LOT of girls who are pregnant right now. I love it! I feel like Lila + Lincoln allowed me to become a card-carrying member of 'the club'. I understand now why women would stare at me when I was pregnant with an all-knowing smile. I understand why old ladies, (sorry mom), get so excited for baby showers and I totally get wanting to touch those big ole' bellies. (Please note that I do refrain from touching the bellies because I KNOW firsthand how awkward it can be. But the urge is there nonetheless.) Pregnancy made me feel like a rockstar and made me realize that my body was stronger than I ever imagined. So pregnant chicks, you rock! And I will try to fight the urge to rub your cute little/gigantic bellies.

I look forward to enjoying the experience one or two or three or four more times.... :)


4 comments:

  1. ...and now you also know why you'll love to hear the birth stories of other moms and want to share your own...it is all part of the miracle of life that is too amazing to ignore! I am lovin' watching you be a mom from the east coast. Hope to someday meet your turds and you can meet my monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is you are REALLY BRAVE if you even consider doing it 3 or 4 more times!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words can't describe how bad I want to join "that club"! :) Love this post...you rock Karla! I hope you have lots more stinkin cute babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an amazing club to belong too!!! I so enjoyed being pregnant and it's a feeling you will always remember....no matter how many years later...I think that is why children are always so close to their mothers heart..no matter how big they get...as Grampa K would say YOU DONE GOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete