Sunday, August 9, 2009

'Hoping for Nice People That Cleared Background Checks'

So I might have said those words on our way to church this morning. Because today was THE day. The day that we would drop off our babies at the church nursery. For the first time. Dah, dah daaaaaaahhhh.

Now I know many of you have been there before and it is no big deal in the long run, but do you remember the FIRST time??? CRAAAAZZZZYYY! The funny thing is, I knew their number wouldn't pop up because the babies were inconsolable or missed their mommy. I was just anxious for the service to be over so I could pick up our little turds and have them back in mama's arms.

By the way, the nice couple in the infant room said that they were both perfect! Not a tear. They said Lila, in particular, was the sweetest baby in the room. And Lincoln, well he was just interested in everything. That pretty much sums up these babies personalities. (And they crashed five seconds into the ride home.)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you guys survived! I probably would have cried after I left them. ;) Adorable picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember the first time I had to take JC to daycare...he was like 1 1/2 and I cried even then. You would think I would have been okay...but I cried and he was fine. I stood and watched him for like 5 minutes through the window just in case...he was fine. So...what was the service about? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo sooooo cute, those little critters:):) yah.... took me FOREVERRRRRR to put my kids in the nursery..... oh yah.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelley was 2 when I started back to church and Brian was only a infant---those were the days when Dad wasn't attending church with me and he kept Brian....It was hard enough to leave K at 2....I know what you mean, it's nice for a little break but it is amazing to pick them up and hold them tight....love,love,love!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete