Monday, July 13, 2009

'My, Your Babies are Getting FAT!'

This is a comment we received the other day from a neighbor who hadn't seen the babies for a few weeks. Tactful right??? Anyway I wanted to shout WHOOOOOO-HOOOOOO in my loudest high-pitched voice because these babies are breastfed babies. (TMI...well get over it!) I have been nursing these babies from day 1, and initially I was unsure if, or even how long we could make it. But here we are....pushing 6 months and beginning to introduce solids. Simply amazing.

To all you nursing and/or formula-feeding mamas--YOU ROCK! The time it takes to feed a baby, no matter what method you are using is full-time job. We all deserve unlimited pedicures and massages as rewards. I will work on making that happen. (In all of my spare time.)

6 comments:

  1. You are amazing.....no reallllly you ARE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an Absolutely Great job nuturing and feeding those babies!!!Keep up the great work, youv'e given them an amazing start!!!Mom S

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing momma!!! :) I really can't believe the things that come out of some peoples mouths!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shocking that someone would say that...wow! Your babies look healthy. You know what...I think people have forgotten that "thick" is "in" for babies. It shows healthy babies - especially breastfeed babies! I hope to be as successful as you are breastfeeding TWO! That is remarkable. Keep on BFing missy as long as you can. You are doing an awesome job!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. "that's not fat, those are butt implants, honey!"

    ReplyDelete