Thursday, May 28, 2009

Here a Little Story I've Got to Tell...

Today I went to Babies-R-Us to make a return and a super-nice, very-pregnant girl behind me in line noticed my boy-girl twins. She told me she was due in three weeks with her very own set.  She, being a first-time mama like me, had a ton of questions that I was more than happy to answer.  It was so much fun to tell her she can do it!  I could literally see the fear being lifted off of her as we chatted.  The commentary I received during my pregnancy wasn't always the most encouraging or helpful.  'You're not big enough to carry two...', 'you won't make it full-term...', 'you'll be on bed rest for sure...', 'you'll never be able to make enough milk for two babies...', and my personal FAVORITE, 'YOU ARE SO BIGGGGG!!!!', etc. etc.  It was fun to chat with her and reflect on my own experiences that are flying by so quickly.

Here are our almost-four month old babies...

Oh and by the way, Linc-nasty found his roll today!  His mama and daddy are so very proud of our buddy.  I might have let out a loud shriek in the middle of B's conference call.  Might have.... 

6 comments:

  1. could they be ANY cuter?!!!!!??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good and strong those two little cuties! Lincoln is really holding his head up much better..Great story ,your experience today, way to be an encourager!! That is what is great about you and Brian, you have taken on this task with such a relaxed manner that I think the babies have picked up on that and are fun,relaxed babies. Mom S

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessings you were to that mama! Great gift you gave her....OK, now about those little beans of yours....they are way.too.cute for me to take. It is a good thing I am totally a whole country away from them, because seriously, I might ignore my own kids just to hold them and make them smile. Oh, and give them kisses on their necks, but only when I don't have a cold (I have one right now, so they are safe. for the time being.) Enjoy. My first baby is turning TEN next week and it *seriously* goes so fast you just cannot believe it. Almost four months, already? Wow. Hugs to you all, and kisses to the little swishies!

    Oh, yes, and as I told your sister, seeing their pictures makes me want to squeal with baby glee. I am totally your weirdest cousin, trust me.

    Love, Alane the Weird one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love those babies! they are SO adorable!!! :) and way to go helping that soon-to-be mom get some confindence! you have been so amazing with guiding us along this long road to becoming parents...we would seriously be lost without you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at them holding up their heads! Cannot believe 4 months have just flown by. They are adorable. Congrats to Lincoln for rolling...those are such exciting milestones.

    I am so sure that mom was encouraged by you and your words. Your right...the stories and so called "encouragement" that people give about and during pregnancy is somewhat scary and should be kept to a minimum! Personally you have been a great encouragement and I am sure you will bless many others that you come in contact with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karla,

    I went to make a comment on your facebook and remembered that you had a blog with great pics of the babies. I can't believe how much they've grown. Hope all is well...besides the lack of sleep and occasional missed shower :-) Take Care. - Jac

    ReplyDelete