Monday, October 19, 2015

An Old Soul

Our eldest son is old soul.  
Wise beyond his 6 years.
Also patient.
Caring.
Brave.
Gentle.
Sometimes people think he is quiet.  
Oh, how wrong they are!
He can be quiet at times, but usually those are times of observing, thinking playing or learning for him.
Oh, he's a rascal too.
He enjoys driving his sister ca-razy for instance.
He's funny + silly + looooovvvveeeessss to dance.

Last night we went to a concert at church.  
At first he drew meticulous and awesome pictures.  
Then he sat ever-so-still on my lap enjoying the music.  
I asked him if he was tired.
Yes.
I asked him if he wanted a snuggle.
Yes.
He turned and nuzzled in to my chest and fell asleep in about, oh,15 seconds.
And I was able to hold my stud as he slept so peacefully on my chest.
My growing stud who just 6 years ago was my 5 1/2 pound Benjamin Button.
I kept thinking this may be the very last time my oldest son falls asleep on my lap.
I mean logistically it's getting pretty tight!!
I'll be honest, I shed a few tears.
I was just so happy.
And grateful.
I so love being Lincoln's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment