Wednesday, August 27, 2014

School Days

I mentioned on Instagram the other night, something similar to the thought that is seemed like just yesterday my twins were growing in my (very large!) belly, and now, well now they are starting kindergarten.

In California.
Which is cray.
Totally freaking crazy.



Our circumstances have changed so much over the last 2 months.  
Never did I imagine on the morning of our 1st day of kindergarten, we would be lathering up the sunscreen and walking to school.

Walking to school is so fun!  
(In spite of the rather warm weather this week!)


Lila broke down in tears the night before because I told her she needed to wear socks + shoes to school.
'BUT MAMA I GET SO HOT! I DON'T EVEN LIKE SOCKS!'
And on and on and on.

She got up at 5:30 the next morning ready to go.  I pulled her in bed with me and made her go back to sleep for a while.  At 7 when I rolled over towards Lila, her eyes were wide open.  She was wearing an enormous smile, her beautiful smile, eyes lit up and said: 'I'm ready to go to kindergarten now!'

Much to my surprise, the twins were placed in the same class.  
As a result, neither were afraid of this experience at all!
But as I kissed Lincoln for the last time in his classroom, he said to me:
'Mom, so you're going to wait outside that door the whole time until we are done, right???'


The last 5 1/2 years with Lincoln + Lila have been my very best days.  
I left my career of teaching to stay home and be taught by these 2.
The hardest job I've ever had.  
I'm so thankful, so incredibly thankful for Brian.  
He has given me the opportunity to be with these kids full time from the beginning.  
And here we are starting the next chapter.

Go and dominate kindergarten Lincoln + Lila
You've got this!


2 comments:

  1. SO FUN TO SEE THE EXCITEMENT IN THEIR LITTLE FACES..EYES LITE UP AND READY TO ROLL!! HAVE A GREAT YEAR KIDS!! LOVE YOU, NAN S

    ReplyDelete
  2. New chapter! Enthusiasm exudes! Faces so full of wonder! And, Karla, having taught Kinders.....you have a wonderful new view of those sweet and innocent faces!!!!

    ReplyDelete