Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good Times

Today. Oh, man today...

As we were leaving Target, {in the rain}, my hands full of bags and I had Lincoln holding my hand and Lila holding his. She didn't want to hold mine, just 'Buddy-Bingo's' hand. Lincoln falls face down in a puddle right in the middle of the road. Crying. I thrust him up on my hip while pulling Lila close by the hood of her jacket. (Lots of traffic.) She starts crying because DUH!, she doesn't want to hold my hand. Then both of these turds want to climb in the car themselves, STILL RAINING PEOPLE, and want to drive the car. Hello, NO! More crying. BOTH refuse to be put in their seats. Louder crying, People staring. STILL RAINING. Lila flailing. Lincoln dirty and wet and crying. Scratch that, screaming. Not pretty. Not pretty at all.

Just thought I should let you all know that these moments happen here at Casa Swish. Oh man, do these things happen.

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine. Trying to get one screaming toddler in the car is hard enough, let alone two. AAH! At least you got to go to target, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember those times much when my kids were young, just a few times with T&L when they were about that age....and Never x 2...YIKES!!!! Hope you had a relaxing evening to make up for it.Thanks for sharing!!!Nanny S

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quite the visual! Another reminder why mothers are superwomen! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ROCK, LIL SWISH!!!! WAY TO HANDLE ALLLLL THOSE PACKAGES AND STILL LIVE TO TALK ABOUT IT:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I could visualize that complete situation and I felt for you. And the screaming. Wished the story would have included a kind person helping you with the bags at least! Where are those people?!?! I guess same place the people who don't hold doors, right?

    ReplyDelete