Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's Official

It's official folks. The twins now know that I am no longer just some random chick that has spent every waking moment with them for the last 18 months. I am officially 'mama'. Lila has been saying it for a few weeks now pretty regularly, and then last week it was mama everything. Puppy mama. No mama. Outside mama. Up mama. It was like the period at the end of every sentence she said. B + I could not stop laughing. Also last week, probably because of the constant 'mamas' from his sissy, Lincoln picked it up too. More mama, Hi mama, cracker mama and on and on. My favorite from my girl, of course, is 'I luh you mama!' And my dude, well it just melts my little heart when he says 'OK mama'.

I know sooner than later it is going to be the most annoying word on the planet. I was a teacher after all. I wanted to die at the end of the first few days of school when the little ones would say teacher, teacher, teacher, teacher all. the. time. But for now, I want to remember this sweet moment. The moment my children started saying my name. It feels pretty freaking good.

2 comments:

  1. There were never sweeter words!!!!! Although I do remember a few times threatening to change my name!!!! Nanny S

    ReplyDelete