Monday, May 17, 2010

Home

About a month ago Brian + I decided to try to sell our house. It just felt like the right time to us for various reasons. The only problem--we didn't know what was next for Team Swish. We thought in this market it could take a verrrrry long time to sell, if at all. And if it didn't sell, well that was easy--we love this house, and would stay for a few more years. Well wouldn't you know it, the day we leave for a 10 day vacation it sells. And just like that we are about 30 days from leaving this house we made our home. Our home for 6 years. We built this place. We loved in this place. We brought our babies into this home. It will forever be like a little treasure box full of memories for us.

And as for what's next....we have no freaking idea! Scary??? For sure. Exciting??? Absolutely. So if I am hard to reach over the next few weeks, please understand that my life is about ready to flip completely upside down. And I'm okay with that.

And if you have any boxes, be sure to send them my way!

4 comments:

  1. Exciting times and yes some emotional times too...Your family started in that house and will always hold special memories for you two...Take lots of pictures of any special part of the house you love and L&L in front of the tree your Mom painted on their wall and save a couple flyers of your house.... I will start saving boxes,fruit boxes work well and we will help you pack and watch over the babies if you need to do some serious house hunting...Know you can stay with us if you need to..M&D Swish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand your attachment to your house. The house we brought Ben home to in NM will always, always, always be The Best House in The Whole World. We recently needed to purchase a new-to-us car and had a hard time getting past wanting a Subaru Outback -- the car we brought Ben home from in the hospital. Wisdom finally won out and we purchased a different car, but I almost cried when I sat in that Subaru again -- and of course I had to embarrass Ben and hug and cuddle him a little. He'll be ELEVEN in a couple weeks. They grow fast, cuz, way, way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe next time we see the Swishers it will be in a new house. So exciting!! :) It was so hard for us to leave our 1st home in Spearfish and we didn't even have baby memories there. But going somewhere new is SO exciting because you get to make all new memories! Can't wait to hear where your next adventure is taking you. Love and miss the Swishers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting. I think that tells you it was definitely God's timing. He wanted you guys to trust him...especially when you had no plans of "where to next". I will keep you in my prayers and will be looking to stock up on boxes for you! I actually have a few right now that may be of some use.

    BTW - you can usually get a decent size set of boxes at Costco (moving boxes) for like $50. I got them when I was packing up JC's room.

    Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete